Wednesday, December 1, 2021

My Favorite Things


 

Sprinkles on cupcakes and roses on mittens

Little red cauldrons and warm, fuzzy kittens

Bright shiny baubles that make pretty rings

These are a few of my favorite things.


     I'm in the middle of reading my next book, so I figured I would share the happy little jingle that I         was thinking about this morning to fill the gap before my next book review.

This blog is about books, and how the act of reading itself can be healing. It takes us away to another world of our choosing. It is an escape from reality. 

I don't know about you, but when I'm reading a great book, my physical body may be sitting in my favorite reading spot, but my mind is somewhere else. 

Did you know that reading actually lowers your blood pressure?  Books really are a fantastic way to improve your mental and physical health. 

So, besides books, which are one of my very favorite things, thinking about the things that make you happy - the things that make you smile and feel safe and cozy are healing too. 

Everyone has an inner child. Embracing the things that you love, whether it's cupcakes, fuzzy kittens, art, nature, magickal books, a hot cup of coffee or tea, scented candles...whatever it is that makes YOU happy - find a little time for those things today. You'll be glad you did. 

What are some of your favorite things? 

No comments:

Post a Comment